Can't figure these things out

Themes Forums LoveStory WordPress Theme Can't figure these things out

• Author

cynthiap

Hi Ihor,

I spoke to you by email several times before purchasing.

I love the theme. I’ve been able to get most things customized. I’m very pleased. It does exactly what I want.

However, I have a few things I can’t figure out how to resolve or I’m unclear how it works.

1. Do free members receive email or gifts from premium members, or do premium (paying) members only communicate with other premium members?

2. When I perform a search it displays no profiles. It says no profiles are found.

3. My profiles do not have photos.

Also, when I view an indvidual profile from sample data, none of the fields for the profile are showing up except the cutom ones I created. The default fields (name, seeking, etc.) when viewing profiles are not displaying for anyone.

Additionally I filled out a test profile for myself and it does not show up in the profiles. It’s as if it doesn’t exist. I can view it when I click My Profile, but when I go to profiles it is not with the other profiles.

4. How do I change the font color on slides?

5. When people fill out the Register form on a Mobile phone they can’t see the terms and conditions. I put a terms and conditions on my register page, that people must agree to before registering. They must be able to read this on mobile. As it is right now, the terms and conditions is underneath the login section on Mobile, not under Register where it should be. It’s in the right place on a laptop, but not on a Mobile. How can I move this? The terms and conditions must be visible to the person registering. They can only see it, if they scroll down below the login section, and nobody who hasn’t registered yet, will be scrolling down the login section.

5. In my Search, no options display for Cities.

6. Under Memberships. In Membership Options, at the very bottom underneath Enable Chat option there is a field called Users and all the users name appear. What should be in there? This is not shown in your screencast.

7. How change I change font size on content on pages.

8. On the My Profile page, is there a way to write the word (Description) directly above the big field box on the profile page?

9. How do I set Featured Profiles? I am calling this (Newest Members). Is it automatic?

And, pictures are not displaying in the Featured Profiles.

10. Also, at the bottom of the Home page, I removed the Success section and I put Features Profiles in both columns. However, it appears to be showing the same 3 people on each side. How can I make it so 6 different profiles show there?

And how can I get title (Newest Members) which is currently appearing above both columns to only appear once and be centered?

11. Why isn’t there a state option in search?

12. Chat does not appear to be working. When I click on chat. It opens up a whole new full size page and looks like an email message, not a chat section. And when I try to type inside it, nothing happens.

Thank you.

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

cynthiap

Okay. thank you.

Questions 1, 2, and 3 are resolved.

4. Oh, that was the first place I looked and I couldn’t find a way to change the color. I didn’t know the kitchen sink button existed and didn’t know what you were referring to, until i did a google search. So now I found it. That’s great to know. Thanks. This is resolved.

5. I made a mistake in my numbering of questions above and have two #5s, and the first #5 question got overlooked. and did not get answered. Here it is again, this still needs an answer.

When people fill out the Register form on a Mobile phone they can’t see the terms and conditions. I put a terms and conditions on my register page, that people must agree to before registering. They must be able to read this on mobile. As it is right now, the terms and conditions is underneath the login section on Mobile, not under Register where it should be. It’s in the right place on a laptop, but not on a Mobile. How can I move this? The terms and conditions must be visible to the person registering. They can only see it, if they scroll down below the login section, and nobody who hasn’t registered yet, will be scrolling down the login section.

6. Is resolved.

7. There is no option for changing the font size in kitchen sink, but Google search says I need a plugin to do this, or do it in the style sheet. Am I able to change style sheet?

8. Okay, thank you. I sent you login access directly to your email from WordPress when I created your username.

If you would put the word Description like a title directly above the box, so it looks like the titles in my custom fields, that would be great.

9. Okay.

10. So, I’m confused, are you saying i can’t have two rows of Featured Profiles unless I set it so that the same 6 people show every time? That doesn’t work. Can’t have the same people showing every time. It needs to rotate. What if we make the container have 2 sections?

If you look at my home page when you login in my account, you will see how I have it set right now. That is the way I want it to look. But, I want all 6 profiles to be different and to change according to date, so that newest members appear here.

If I can’t do that, then is it possible to put links to my recent blog posts over there? I have no need for stories, as there aren’t any at this time to post.

11. So, I”m a little confused about this. My site will not be limited to the U.S. However, in the U.S. a city name can exist within more than one state. For example, there is Greenville, South Carolina; Greenville, Pennsylvania, Greenville, Alabama; Greenville, California, and many more. So, if they only put in there city, that does not give user a good idea of where they are, as they could be from one of many states. They need to know which state as well.It appears, we can type state with the city in our profile and it displays with the city, but many people will not think to do this.

12. Chat is working. Sorry, I was trying to type in wrong field. So this resolved.

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

cynthiap

Hello,

5. Perfect. Works great now. Thank you. The theme looks really nice on mobile.

7. Okay.

8. Okay, the word description appears when I view My Profile page. But, the word Description is not appearing on the profiles when you view a profile. I added stuff to the description field on my test profile and saved again, in case it needed to be saved again to appear, but it does not appear when viewing the profile.

10. Okay, great. Works well now. Thanks so much.

11. I sent you FTP info through your contact form. Yes, please see if it is possible to add state.

Thanks so much for your help on those. I have a few new questions.

1. What size should the background image be on home page? I’ve tried a few different sizes, some too small, some appear to be too big.

2. Is it possible for navigation links at the bottom to display on a mobile phone? I have different links at the bottom than at the top.

3. Can a premium member engage in live chat with a Free non-paying member?

4. Is there a way to browse all males and all females?

Along the same line, is it possible to set it so it does not force you to look for male or female once you have chosen what you are seeking? For example, although I am a woman and want a man for my romantic relationships, I would like to be able to search the woman database for friends, but I’m not permitted because the system locks me into looking for men. My site is not just for romantic interests, it is for friendships too. People may want to search for men and women.

5. How do members know when their membership expires? It only tells them how many messages and photos they can send, but not the date their membership expires?

And, when it expires, does it prompt them to renew?

6. The automated message that WordPress sends when a person registers on the site, is it possible to alter what is included in that email? Can it include their username and password? It currently only says that registration is complete.

Thank you.

themex
    themex

cynthiap

Okay, thanks so much. The Description looks good now on both pages. I don’t see State in the search field, so I guess you aren’t able to make that change or haven’t had time yet?

3. Okay I need to make sure I understand how the chat works. Currently, I have chat enabled on the Free membership. However, I only wanted it to be free for the free 31 day trial period. Then I wanted it to expire when everything else (posting photos, emailing messages, and sending gifts) expires at 31 days. It sounds like that may not be possible? If not, then I will disable it for Free members. So, if it is disabled for free members, then a paying member cannot chat with them correct?

Also, if I enable the chat for Free members now and then disable it later on, will people who already signed up then lose the ability to use chat, or will it only apply to new users? Because I just experimented with that and the test profile I created did not lose its chat, even though I changed it to disable? So it sounds like if someone registers when chat is enabled, they have it for life, even if I change my policy?

4. The system is still not allowing me to find women profiles. Even though the search field will allow me to choose a woman seeking a woman. It doesn’t display any women for me to view. It tells me none were found. It only allows me to see women profiles if I say I am a man seeking a woman. Do I need to tell my members if they want to view profiles of the same sex for friendship they have to choose their opposite sex in the search form?

5. I have the Free membership duration set to expire in 31 days. But in the My Membership area it does not say anything about when it expires. It just says the following

My Membership
    Membership Free
    Live Chat Enabled
    Messages to Send 100
    Photos to Upload 1
    Gifts to Send 5

Their ability to email, upload photos and send gifts does expire after 31 days right? They don’t have to use up all their emails, gifts, etc, before expiration takes place?

Thank you.

themex
    themex

cynthiap

That’s okay. Yes, I understand. I don’t want you to do extra work.

3. Okay, When the free membership expires, they will still have a profile that is visible in the search and will still be able to view profiles right? They just won ‘t be able to communicate in any way, right?

4. Hmm, I need to think about this one for a bit.

5. Yes, the test profile I created was created after I set the free membership to expire in 31 days. But, just to be sure, I created another one today and it still looks the same. No expiration date is displayed. This is all that is there.

My Membership

Membership
    Free

Live Chat
    Enabled

Messages to Send

Photos to Upload

Gifts to Send

Thank you.

themex
    themex

cynthiap

Okay, great. Everything is working and looking good now. Thanks for your help and for providing excellent support. I will leave a good review for you on Themeforest.

Just one more thing in regard to the background image on the home page, I don’t want it to repeat, because the image I use will not look nice if it is repeating. It should just appear as one image across the whole page.

I have uploaded a size that is working nicely. It fits just as it should. It looks nice on a 19-inch screen, a 13 inch and mobile phone. But, I’m just wondering, if this size will hold true on bigger screens? Will it be consistent like this across all screen sizes? Meaning it won’t repeat on a bigger screen?

Thank you.

themex
    themex

cynthiap

Okay, thank you.

1. In regard to the State issue. Did you see if it is able to be changed easily? If not, can I pay someone to change this?

However, I’m confused. You said I could put State in a custom filed on Profile, but it would not be searchable. I added it to the Profile and added all 50 states to select from and chose for it to be searchable. It is showing up in my search form and when I search it returns the states it should. So I don’t understand why you say it won’t be searchable??

Also, I have a city entered for my test profile, but it does not show up as a choice in my search form. Nothing happens when I click City in the search bar.

2. How can I change the color of hyperlinks?

Thanks.

themex
    themex

cynthiap

1. Oh, okay, I see, the city is working now.

Yes, I think the state custom field I created will work. I will give it a try with my members and see how it goes.

2. Okay.

Thank you.

cynthiap

So, that means you don’t need to make any changes on the state issue.

Thanks again.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.