Checking out…

Themes Forums Academy WordPress Theme Checking out…

• Author

globalorg

Hello,
    I had a question on the Academy Theme.
    I built a Premium Course w/ Lessons tagged the same.
    I have a coupon code.
    I signed out, to test like a new student.
    I picked the course, it asked me to subscribe to it.
    I did, I added my info for billing and the coupon code.
    It took the code but did not let me check out,
    then i tried by creating an account,
    still did not, asked for a captcha code,
    I entered it. Still did not check out.
    What did i do wrong?
    The site is Learn-U.com

Thank you,
    Sandra

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

globalorg

I’m using:
    SI Captcha Anti-Spam

Adds Secure Image CAPTCHA to WordPress pages for comments, login, registration, lost password, BuddyPress register, bbPress register, wpForo register, bbPress New Topic and Reply to Topic Forms, Jetpack Contact Form, and WooCommerce checkout. In order to post comments, login, or register, users will have to pass the CAPTCHA test. Prevents spam from automated bots. Compatible with Akismet and Multisite Network Activate.

Version 3.0.3 | By fastsecure

I think you are NOT recommending the one you provided a link to either as it also shows such an error. What captcha do you recommend, if any?

globalorg

Ok I disabled the captcha, was able to create a profile. It did apply a coupon to the course I subscribed to, however, it never allowed me access to the course. I looked at “My Orders” and confirmed I ordered a course and the coupon made it $0 balance. But still “no courses” showing in “my account” on any of the tabs within the account.

Thank you,
    Sandra

globalorg

I think I figured it out. When I hit complete in the ADMIN dashboard after signing out as the user and in as the admin. I went to woocommerce, orders, and marked the order complete. So we have to do that manually I learned.

globalorg

Different question, when the student/user got an email to “Confirm Subscription”, when they followed the link, it took them to another website of mine, with an old physical address. I checked woo commerce settings>General and Email Tabs and I do have my new address, this website, physical address and email address all correct. What might it be picking up on or criss-crossing with?

Thank you,
    Sandra

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

globalorg

New problem with coupon:
    Although I successfully added a coupon and applied it. Now that I have several courses under that “product” which pulls form the “plans” how do I apply a coupon to a course? I searched for the course in “product” field but it did not come up. I would be nice to have pulldowns for coupons as:
    Course:
    Lesson:
    Plans:
    So you can apply coupons however you want.
    Is there a way already I am not figuring out?
    Thank you,
    Sandra

themex
    themex

globalorg

So I need to re tag the courses as their own course? Why wouldn’t each course create a Cours then for the shopping cart if thats the case? How am I going to retag thousands of courses now?

globalorg

Wait I went back to the coupon and it clearly says in restrictions products, why doesn’t course come up as a product? It is a sub-product? It isn’t even populating a list of these sub-products or in this case courses to show. Maybe I need a different shopping cart. Otherwise, I would have to make a product out of each course as stated above. I made a master product category for each course i.e. the college it is out of. But I can’t exclude even the other courses not included, which would be a hassle to exclude thousands, so that’s not an answer. There has to be a better way to make coupons so those who already paid have access and those who didn’t don’t.

themex
    themex

globalorg

So you have to make a separate product for each course. That means I have to go back through hundreds of courses now. Why not make it do that automatically if its required?

Is there any search and reset option or plug-in vs. resetting these all manually?

Does PayPal or anyone else have a cart that is more powerful than WooCommerce?

themex
    themex

globalorg

1. I originally added them manually.
    2. Ugh

themex
    themex

globalorg

I’m not sure I understand correctly, do you want Admin to get in and see what I did? Its the ASU Courses. We show a price of $100 which is the online fee, but the students pay the school direct. I’m giving the professors the code to open it up to the students. The pricing of it is to lock it out to others because I can’t hide the courses, you can’t see them to edit or enroll. So I made a coupon for them. And not all courses have the same price, only those in ASU, or Adobe or whatever the subject is. Different trainers/teachers have different situations. I hope that helps.

globalorg

BTW, any offer of a script/programming a fix is welcomed if I didn’t share my appreciation in the previous response.

globalorg

New Question: I am struggling ordering things. I tried the number order, then tried the date order, but not working. Is there a trick to get lessons in a certain order. Sometimes we enter some than add others that need to go above ones entered, that’s why I tried editing the date, but that didn’t help.

Here’s the lessons: http://www.learn-u.com/lesson/introduction-to-technology-based-course-instructor/

Here’s the order:
    Course Schedules
    Welcome and Course Information
    Introduction to Technology Based Course
    21st Century Workplace Skills

globalorg

Another question is do you have any canned how to add a lesson and a course I can share with teachers/trainers perhaps post in our news area? This could cut a lot of my time.
    Thanks,
    Sandra

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.