Emails not working

Themes Forums Makery WordPress Theme Emails not working

• Author

jmorzuch

I’ve noticed that sellers are not receiving emails that their items have been sold. I have ran a test for myself and confirmed that they are not. Also, the contact button on a shop owners profile page isn’t sending an email. And lastly, I tried to register a new user and never received the follow-up email to finish registration. What could possibly be wrong?

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

jmorzuch

I have confirmed that after downloading the SMTP plugin that the registration email is now working but sellers are still not receiving emails after one of their items has sold. Please help.

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

jmorzuch

I have swapped the status to processing and other different statuses to see if any emails would come and none came. I emailed credentials for you to take a look.

Thanks

themex
    themex

jmorzuch

Once the user completes the paypal process the proceed to checkout will show

themex
    themex

jmorzuch

I set the New Order email text and then went through the buying process and still no email was sent.

themex
    themex

jmorzuch

I tried to do that using Gmail SMTP settings but GoDaddy doesn’t allow mail to be send from the SSL or TLS port

jmorzuch

I have set the SMTP settings to GoDaddy’s SMTP relay mail. I am still not getting an email as a seller.

Also, if I use the WooCommerce plug in to auto-complete orders, will emails still be sent as expected? The plugin makes the orders go from “onhold” to “complete”.

Please help.

themex
    themex

jmorzuch

First off, I’d like to thank you for your continued support with this issue. Here are the steps I just completed:

1. I never got an email on the address shown in your screen shot.
    2. I created a brand new user/shop (using a different address than the screenshot) and posted an item. (I did receive the registration email)
    3. I logged onto my admin account and bought from new shop.
    4. As a BUYER, I received an “Order Receipt” telling me the order is in processing status. (emails are working)
    5. I never received an email as a SELLER notifying me that I sold an item.

Could you please create a shop called “ThemeDev Shop” and post a .99 item. I will buy that item and see if you are getting the emails.

As a bonus, we would like orders to automatically be set to processing but that doesn’t seem achievable in WooCommerce, I’ve only seen a plugin that will auto set the order to complete.

themex
    themex

jmorzuch

I spoke with GoDaddy again and this time I was told that the email is being flagged as spam because of the subject line “New Order”. I tried to find what page contains this field but couldn’t. Could you change it to “A Best Gas Can U.S.A. buyer has bought your item”.

Thanks.

themex
    themex

jmorzuch

Update – I bought a test item again and still didn’t get an email. I contacted GoDaddy and told them that the subject was change and they did some more digging. They found out that the shared host’s IP was being blocked my Microsoft (outlook) and that could be why. I created a shop using my gmail account and then bought an item and sure enough, I finally got the New Order email.

Thanks for the help in this matter.

themex
    themex

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.