New registration field

Themes Forums Academy WordPress Theme New registration field

• Author

agnesdie

Hi,
    I tried to add this code after line 11 in academy/template-register.php file:

<div class=”field-wrapper”>
    <input type=”text” name=”last_name” placeholder=”<?php _e(‘Last Name’,'academy’); ?>” />
    </div>
    <br />

And this code after line 245 in academy/framework/classes/themex.user.php file:

if(empty(ThemexInterface::$messages)){
    $user=wp_create_user($data['user_login'], $data['user_password'], $data['user_email']);
    $message=ThemexCore::getOption(‘email_registration’, ‘Szia, %username%! Üdvözöllek a ‘.get_bloginfo(‘name’).’ oldalon.’);
    update_user_meta($user, ‘first_name’, sanitize_text_field($data['first_name']));
    update_user_meta($user, ‘last_name’, sanitize_text_field($data['last_name']));
    wp_new_user_notification($user);

But it is not working. Can you help me please what do I need to do? Thanks, Agnes

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

agnesdie

I got the new field on the register page, but the value wasn’t changed in user’s profile and the admin panel.

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

agnesdie

Thank you so much!!! It’s working :-)

Isabell

Hi there, this is great but I’m struggling to do the same with a phone number. Is this possible with a phone number?

themex
    themex

Isabell

Works perfectly, thank you!

CecilioLanz

How exactly would it work if I want to add a new field that captures the user’s company?

CecilioLanz

Right after Name, email, password and password re-enter.

A new field that asks the users what company they belong to. And how would I set in up in the themex.user.php file?

themex
    themex

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.