Redirect to lesson #1 after user click 'take this course'

Themes Forums Academy WordPress Theme Redirect to lesson #1 after user click 'take this course'

• Author

stonefocus

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to redirect to lesson #1 page after they click ‘take this course’ button on course page.

If it is possible, how I can do it? Any comment would be appreciated.

Thank you!

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

stonefocus

Hi,
    I tried this, but it’s not working.
    Just previously, it stays at same page after I click “take this course” button.

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

stonefocus

Thanks!!! It’s working!!

Could you use this same code to redirect someone who paid for a course from their profile page to the course lesson page instead of the course page? I find that if I have a long description on the course page (before they buy) then it can be confusing after they enroll… they go to the course page but have to scroll all the way to the bottom to access the lessons. I was considering creating a second course page template that had minimal description and lessons easily visible… but this might work better. I would like them to be able to:
    -Login and go to profile page
    -from profile page click enrolled course they want to access
    -direct to the first lesson page for that course

would changing the ‘status’ value to ‘enrolled’ (or whatever the switch it) take care of that?

Thank you for the great theme… it is very flexible and very powerful even without any tweaking.

themex
    themex

I’m confused then. When a registered student logs in using the sign in button on the home page, they are directed to their profile page. The list of courses they are enrolled in is listed on the right of that page.

If they click on the course it directs me to the Course page for that course NOT the first lesson in that course, as you describe above. Do I have something set incorrectly? I want it to work as you described.

Thanks again

themex
    themex

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. I’m trying to find an easy way to redirect students from the profile page to the first lesson of a course.

Would the above code (or something like it) work in the “content-profile.php” template?

If a students buys a course, then logs in later to continue the course I would like them to come to their profile page first (which they do now). Then have them click on an enrolled course button there to go to the lessons instead of the course description page.

Not sure how easy that is but any input is appreciated.
    Thanks again! Great support! Recommending your themes to all I know.

themex
    themex

That… is… FANTASTIC! Works perfectly!

Will save my students lots of confusion since they enroll in several courses. Thank you so much!!

teaganfea

Hi, does this file still exist?
    academy/framework/classes/themex.course.php file:
    I can’t find it in Editor to change this code as suggested.
    Thank you!

themex
    themex

Clarkonline

The files are listed sidebar-profile-left.php and sidebar-profile-rightt.php. I don’t see: sidebar-profile.php. Whis is the correct file?

themex
    themex

noxstar

How can I do this with the latest version of Academy?

themex
    themex

noxstar

Worked! Thanks man!

dionhorton

Will this still work on version 4.6.1?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.