Spam User Signups

Themes Forums Academy WordPress Theme Spam User Signups

• Author

Isabell

Hi There,

We have been running Academy for a while and it is a really great theme. The problem we have now is spam user registrations.

I have enabled Captcha on the registration form, using Cartpauj-Registration-Captcha, Ithemes security, I have confirmation emails activated. I tried using stop-spammers, changed the login URL, everything I’ve read in the support forums so far.

Each time I try a new solution, it works for about a day and then they come back. The bots have even started clicking on the activation links in the emails by the looks of it.

Is there any advice you can offer to stop spam signups?

Warm Regards

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

Isabell

Hi There,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

We’ve updated to WordPress version 4.7.3 so it shouldn’t be the problem. We think the registration is happening on the front-end because there is a custom field in template-register.php that gets filled and sent to the to us in the new user registration email.

I am sending WP access to you now, Subject line is “RE Spam Signups – Temporary WP Access”

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.