Trick to get Emoticons options and better Message editor!

Themes Forums LoveStory WordPress Theme Trick to get Emoticons options and better Message editor!

• Author

osmanm

The default message editor is boring, Here is a better one and with another plugin you will have Emoticons.
    Here is screenshot!
    http://manymuslims.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/better-editor-emoticons.png

Screenshot

All you have to do is go to template-message.php and replace the php themex user message line with the below code and it will replace the entire message editor box with the wordpress admin style wp-editor which is better. You can also do this for description section. WordPress by default supports smilies so this works out great. In order to customize the Wp-Editor and add the smilies option install WPEDIT Plugin. It Enables advanced features and plugins in TinyMCE, the visual editor in WordPress.

<?php wp_editor( @$event->description, ‘user_message’, array(
    ‘media_buttons’ => false,
    ‘textarea_name’ => ‘user_message’,
    ‘textarea_class’ => ‘wp-editor-area’,
    ‘quicktags’ => false,
    ) ); ?>
    <?php _e(‘Send Message’, ‘lovestory’); ?>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”user_recipient” value=”<?php echo get_query_var(‘message’); ?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”user_action” value=”add_message” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”nonce” value=”<?php echo wp_create_nonce(THEMEX_PREFIX.’nonce’); ?>” />

I would recommend you get the same plugins I have to make the site awesome.
    Google XML Sitemaps,
    Simple IP Ban,
    User Login Log,
    WP Edit

Some plugins such as User Login Log I installed in order to see if Romance Scammers are registering, they often register from West African countries and Login Log shows I.P. and all that good stuff.

The wp-editor message box supports colors and font sizes in addition to Emojicons but the font changes don’t display when message in sent and I am looking to find a fix for that now, will update this post when I do. Enjoy it.!

osmanm

re-uploaded broken image screenshot.
    Screenshot updated

osmanm

http://themextemplates.com/forums/topic/tinymce-unblock-more-options/ will allow you to get more features but not the emoticons.

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

kennethykw

Hi
    Accord to your message. I have followed the message to replace the ccode in template-message.php. it’s not work and I got this message:
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Kenneth

themex
    themex

You must be signed in and verified as a buyer of this theme to view replies by the support staff. Register Now →

kennethykw

Thanks for your reply. Now I can use the WPEDIT editor to send message.
    However, the editor in the Profile page is still the basic one. Can I change the editor of Profile page, Blog Page as well?

Thanks,
    Kenneth

themex
    themex

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.